Confidence Staveley is founder Cybersafe Foundation, cybersecurity awareness evangelist, Cyber Talent Developer, award-winning cybersecurity professional, author and social entrepreneur, who is facilitating safe and inclusive digital access in Africa. Her super power? A deep understanding of cyber security fused with great communication skills; enabling her to communicate cyber security best practices in a relatable and engaging way with no jargon, to audiences of all types. Little wonder she’s nicknamed “The Relatable CyberSecurity Queen”
Here’s a summary of some of her achievements and work
– Awardee of the U.S State Department’s International Visitors Leadership Program (IVLP) Impact Awards.
– CyberSecurity Woman of the Year Award winner 2021
– IFSEC Global Top Influencers in Security & Fire (One-to-Watch) for 2021
– Raised over $1,000,000 in grant funding and donations for various digital development projects.
– Won the Young CISO of the Year award 2021
– Served as subject mater expert at the FITC Board Leadership Training and delivered a presentation on Strengthening Financial Institutions Cybersecurity Readiness and Cyber resiliency: Key Issues for the Board. In attendance were Chairmen, Directors and Chief Executive Officers of major players in the Finance, Insurance, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing Sectors.
– Named CovenWorks Top 10 Powerful Women in Technology 2021
– Led my team and 20+ cybersecurity experts across 7 countries to provide cybersecurity upskilling training to over 10,000+ employees of SMEs across 36 states in Nigeria.
– Created and still populating the (arguably) largest free cybersecurity awareness content bank in Africa
– Launched Africa’s first cybersecurity awareness afrobeats song.
– Alumni of the World Economic Forum Global Shapers
– Listed as Top 50 Women in Cybersecurity in Africa 2020
– Authored Africa’s First Storified CyberSecurity Awareness Handbook – NoGoFallMaga….The Handbook
– Featured on Top Global and National Media Platforms , BBC, Channels Television, TVC, Nigeria Info,
– Spoken at Social Media Week Lagos, Annual Bankers Committee Retreat 2019,EC Council Masterclass Webinar Series, HeadStart Africa, Africa CyberDefence Forum, World CyberSecurity Summit, Africa, Chartered Institute of StockBrokers and Union Bank.
– External faculty of The FINTECH Institute (Lagos| London| Toronto)